Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hallelujah! It is good to be home.  I had a fun time in Colorado but it is good to be back with my own family and my own animals.  I actually lost 3 pounds this week! 

We did some fun things, like shopping at local wool and quilt stores.  We went to the Este's Park Wool Market.  There were lots of cool animals and lots of yarn and fiber there.  I saw some cashmere goats and they were impressive.

Colorado is a beautiful state.  The Rocky Mountains were an awesome backdrop looking westward from my friends' big picture window.  We had a few days of sunshine and a few days of rain and wind.  It was a nice cool change from Arizona.  I saw prairie dogs, pronghorn antelopes and elk.  The Big Thompson River on the way to Este's Park was swollen to the banks and very fast moving, another big change from the dry river beds in Arizona. Thanks to my friends for a good time!


My turkeys have grown noticeably larger since I was away as has my little buckling.  The temperature here today is close to 100 and it is sunny and bright.  The yucca are blooming everywhere along with the palo verde and desert willow trees.  I seem to have extra energy today, especially this morning feeding the animals.  I think the extra altitude in Colorado affected me more than I thought.  My surgery seems to be mostly healed and I don't have much pain at all.  I have stopped wearing my belly support. 


All the grandkids were here for supper last night and I really enjoyed all their sweet faces and noisy play.  I went swimming after they left and it felt wonderful.  They say that the day you go on vacation and the day you get back are the best days of your vacation!  I believe that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment