Monday, May 10, 2010

Wow!  I cannot believe another week has gone by.  I hope you all had a great Mother's Day or made someone else's great.  I had a relaxing day.  Grandpa cooked so I didn't have too.  He also surprised me with a beautiful diamond and platinum ring.  I almost cried!  Thank you Sweet Man!

The baby turkeys are doing great and getting bigger every minute.  I had to put a cardboard siding inside their little pool to keep them from jumping out.  It has also been so warm during the day that I have had to turn the heat lamp off.  They start panting and spreading their wings and I know they are too hot. 

I have come to the conclusion that I have miscalculated Caramel's due date as she has not had those kids yet.  She seems to still be getting bigger.  I suppose if she did not conceive on Dec. 7th when I put her in with Falkor, she could've held him off until her next heat 21 days later.  That would make her due between May 22 and June 1st, I would think.  Or maybe she's just getting fat!  Ha!  Wouldn't that be a joke on me!  I sure was hoping that she would have them before I have to have my surgery on the 18th, but maybe she won't.  Just have to wait and see.

The blasted wind is blasting away again today.  I swear it is more like March than May!  I wonder if it will ever stop.  I hung clothes out to dry and they were practically dry before the next load was ready to hang.  The wind just sucks the moisture right out of everything!  

I got an email from Alpaca Owners and Breeder's Association this weekend.  They were asking alpaca people to send any excess fleece they had sitting around to Florida to help with the oil spill in the Gulf.  Someone realized how absorbent alpaca fleece is and sent out the SOS.  I am on my way to the post office now to donate some of the second cuts and not so nice fiber that I have around here.  It is kinda cool to be able to help stop the oil spill because I have alpacas.

No comments:

Post a Comment