Saturday, May 22, 2010

I am sorry that I have let a whole week go by since writing.  I have been recovering from hernia surgery I had on Tuesday.  I have the worst time getting rid of the anesthesia and the pain meds just put me out altogether.  Today is the first day since the surgery that I feel almost normal.  I am still wearing a wrap around my belly and still have some pain.  I am not supposed to lift anything for 3 weeks or cook or do anything slightly difficult.  So someone else is feeding and caring for the animals.  I did water the outdoor plants today but I probably should not be dragging the hose around to do that either.  

My stomach looks like a target for shotgun practice.  I will never wear a bikini again!  Getting old sucks!  I noticed lots of the cactus are blooming and wish I had felt like walking around taking pictures.  Mostly I have felt fortunate to keep my balance lately so would not push my luck.  But I am feeling better day by day and keep reminding myself, "This too, shall pass"!  


Tomorrow we are supposed to have really high winds again, 50-60 mph.  I hope we do not lose any shelters, chairs or small children.  I do not remember ever having a year as windy as this one has been since moving here in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment