Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our weather is gorgeous again.  I got up at 5:30 a.m. and got to enjoy my tea out on the front patio while everyone else slept.  I like mornings the best.  Blue sky and wispy white clouds, swallows soaring and woodpeckers feeding their young.  Peace and quiet.

I moved the turkeys into the barn this week.  They were jumping out of their little pool too often.  They are growing like weeds.  I can almost see it there is such an increase in size every day.

We moved Falkor into the pasture with Little Buck and Donald today.  He went pretty easily with a little coaxing from a can of animal cookies and corn.  He immediately tried to mate with Donald, who would have none of it, of course.  They had some severe head butting going on.  They were pretty evenly matched in spite of Falkor being older and heavier.  Donald took some major rams.  Little Buck stayed out of the way of those two.  Then I think they got too hot and retired to the shade of their little hut.  I hope that Falkor likes it in the larger pasture and does not escape.  


I had some good news yesterday about my knee.  The orthopedic doctor I went to said that I have not torn anything or my knee would not be feeling better as it is.  She also said that my knee is the knee of a much older person than I am.  Geez, I wonder how that happened? Ha!  Anyway, I may need surgery sometime in the future but for now I am to do exercises, take Aleve and use ice packs.  I have major arthritis in that knee so it won't heal or go away but I am thankful that I don't need surgery right now.  It is bad enough that I am having hernia surgery on Tuesday.


I took a bunch more photos for making cards to sell in my Etsy store.  There are lots of cactus and other plants blooming right now and some of them are fabulous.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment