Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So much to do, so little time!  It seems like that to me sometimes.  I made a list for today which I have managed to do most of but there are still dishes to do, clothes to iron, animals to feed and stuff to make for my Etsy store!  I think I got my Paypal account set up but I am not absolutely sure.

Anyway, we are supposed to hit 90 degrees today for the first time this year.  I'm sure it won't be the last time.  It is just a set up for things to come! Ha!  

I got my little turkeys yesterday.  They are so cute!  The red glow is from the heat lamp.  I've been told they should stay under the heat lamp until they get their real feathers.  They are in the house in my work room, which is a little inconvenient for me, but it will insure their survival in an otherwise hostile environment, ie., cats,dogs,cold,heat,skunks!!! 

My hernia surgery has been scheduled for May 18.  I could've had it sooner but I am still waiting for Caramel to have her kids.  She does not show any signs of labor so far.  I hope they will come before the surgery so that at least I can get them started ok.  

I also ordered my Delaware chicks from the local feed store.  The owner will order them and call me when they come in.  I could've gotten turkeys from him too, but did not know it when I decided to buy from a lady on Craig's list.  He said it will be a month or two before I get the chicks depending on when he gets caught up on his ordering.  It was nice to go there to his new store.  It was my first time going to the new store since the fire burnt down his old store.  Very nice store!

I am getting frustrated trying to put pictures of my items for sale on my Etsy site.  They will only take pictures of a certain size.  My pictures seem to be bigger and they won't download.  I'll have to ask one of my daughters how to make the pictures smaller so I can put more in the store.

I am trying to figure out how to move critters around too.  I want to move Prince and Stewie back to the back pasture near the other boys but not with them.  Steve and I have talked about fencing a third of that pasture and building another shelter.  We have not been able to get a loan so we would have to build it ourselves.  And I'm wondering how far apart the boys would have to be to realize they cannot fight.   I am also thinking of putting Falkor in the pasture with Little Buck and Donald.  I think they are big enough to stand up to him now.  I don't know if Falkor would escape from that field or if he would be happy there.  I guess I will have to try it and see.  If Falkor's pen is free, then I can put the baby turkeys in his pen until they are big enough to go in the chicken pen.  There is already a shelter in the chicken pen that can be modified for the turkeys and the new chickens when they arrive.  We would also like to fence in the other half of the field where Donald and Little Buck are.  Then we could move all the goats out to a pasture.  They would have more room and Steve would have fewer pooper scooper duties.  Like I said, so much to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment