Monday, November 9, 2009

The yard sale was a great success by yard sale standards. I sold quite a few things on the first day and had a steady stream of visitors. The second day I decided to actually count people. Over 100 people came the second day but they did not buy as many things. I didn't sell any of the pillows I made. I did sell 2 of the bags for bags and an ounce of alpaca rolags in a bag! I was thrilled about that because I didn't really expect to sell any fleece. I met some funny and interesting people. One lady said her husband still wears a tie she bought from me 3 years ago. The most fun was showing the kids the animals. The kids loved the young buck goats and seeing the alpacas. One man said he bought 2 goats in Oregon several years ago to clean up blackberry bushes on his property. He was shocked because I am trying to sell my pygora buck and wether for $100 and $75 respectively. He said goats have really gone up in value. You'll never guess what he paid for his! $5 each! It must've been a hundred years agao! Ha!

I decided not to put the money I made back into the farm this time. I decided to take the kids and grandkids to the Celtic/Highland Festival in Tucson instead. It was a fun day. Men in kilts were playing bagpipes, girls were dancing Irish folk dances and there were frisbee catching border collies. We also met a lady who had the most beautiful horse I've ever seen. He was a black and white purebred Gypsy stallion. We took the grands on a buggy ride pulled by that horse. He was the calmest Stallion I've ever seen. Turns out the lady who owned him lives near us so I hope to visit them again soon.

I'm sorry I did not take any pictures. My donated Sony digital camera doesn't hold a charge very long and is cumbersome to carry. Steve promised to get me a new camera for Christmas. I will takes loads of pictures then just to post here for all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment