Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today is Veteran's Day. Thanks to my husband, brother-in-law, father-in-law, my dad and all others who have served and died to keep this country safe and free.

Today I have to replenish the feed for all the animals and do some Christmas shopping. Of course, there is the usual challenge of juggling funds, prioritizing and finding the best bargains. The thing about living in the desert is that sometimes, even if you have the funds, you cannot find the product for which you are searching. Our local feed store is currently out of timothy pellets. They don't think they will get any in for a couple of weeks. I have been feeding the alpacas alfalfa blend pellets and bermuda hay this week, the same as the goats. Steve and I will drive to Tucson, about 35 miles, today to another feed store that carries timothy hay at $23 a bale. We will purchase enough bales to, hopefully, last until our feed store gets in more pellets. I don't think the alfalfa pellets and the bermuda hay will hurt the alpacas but it will not be the nutrition they really need either. Alfalfa is really too rich for them. At least the pellets are not straight alfalfa, but a blend.

I have tried to import some picture of the beautiful gypsy horse that I fell in love with at the Celtic festival this past weekend. See if I did it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment