Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Seems like Buddy barked all night last night. The moon is full and the weather is mild again. I guess that makes all the critters happy to be out at night. The cats did not come in to be fed at the usual time last evening so they ended up outside all night. I've noticed that Buddy barks more when they are out all night too. I think he knows what they are doing or if something is after them so he keeps up a protective racket.

I was startled when I opened the front door to let Penny, our little red dog, out, and Loki, my favorite gray cat, was crouched at the door and came running in. It was still pretty dark so all I saw was a gray blur, could've been almost anything. Then he acts all grateful to be inside, purring and climbing on my lap to be stroked. I don't mind. He is my favorite cat afterall. I wonder where Mikey is though and hope he is OK too. Mikey is bigger and wilder than Loki. I didn't see him last night either and haven't seen him yet this morning. I won't worry unless he doesn't show up for supper again tonight. He seems to have enough sense to stay pretty close to the house when coyotes are about. He will come in the yard and stay close to Buddy if he feels very threatened. I always feel bettter when both cats come in for supper and stay in the barn all night.

Steve got the garage all cleaned out yesterday. It was full of cobwebs, mice stuff and loads of spiders! Yuck! He did not complain even though it took most of the day. I feel so relieved now and grateful to him for doing it. All I have to do is put the clothes and books out there and get ready for the garage sale. Before he did the cleaning I just felt overwhelmed and worried that I would not be ready for the sale. Steve is the best!

I got a lot of sewing done yesterday while Steve cleaned the garage. I felt like the best thing I could do to help him was just to stay out of the way. I tend to tell him what to do and give advice on such projects which drives Steve crazy. So yesterday I stayed in my work room and did my own thing instead. I got 6 pillows finished and about 16 bags for storing paper bags. I hope to sell the bags for about $5 each but may have to go down to $3. The pillows are sets of 2. I will try to sell them for $15 each or $25 for the set. I am not confident that people will think these are good prices because of the economy. We shall see.

Today I will be keeping my youngest grandson again. I don't know how much work I will get done. I hope to get all the books moved and start putting price tags on things. Maybe at nap time...

No comments:

Post a Comment