Monday, December 19, 2011

We are having cold and snowy weather.  We had a bad storm last week, lots of rain and snow up higher.  Then we had a real foggy morning.  It is kinda cool as it puts one in the mood for Christmas.

Yesterday we had a big "cookie" party.  Shawna and I made cookies and the kids decorated and ate! Ha!   Now I have tons of cookies of all kinds all over the house. Yummy! Next I am trying to wrap all the gifts in time for the Christmas Eve-Eve party on Friday.  Standing on my feet making cookies and now wrapping gifts is hard on my back and feet.  I will get it all done a little at a time and rest after Christmas.  No one has mentioned anything about a New Year's Eve party!  Thank goodness!  But we will probably celebrate our youngest grandson's birthday on New Year's Day as everyone will be driving back from Disneyland on his actual birthday, December 27.  Yeah, my daughter planned a big surprise for all the kids.  They don't know yet that they are going to Disneyland for Christmas.  It will be the last gift they receive at the party on Friday. They will be so excited there won't be much sleeping that night.  It will be for the best as the trip will take about 8 hours.  They can sleep in the car.  I get to stay home, take care of the animals and have 3 whole days of peace and quiet!  Can't wait!

I am out of hay for the goats and alpacas.  Steve will have to stop at the feed store after work and get some more.  The alpacas have gotten out into the field since there isn't much for them to eat in their barn.  The goats and the alpacas all look at me when I go out.  They think I've forgotten them I guess. Mikey just stays in the barn all day under the heat lamp I got for the chickens.  Lazy old cat!  Can't say I blame him though.  When the weather is cold and wet like this, all I want to do is curl up under a nice alpaca blanket and read a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment