Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Christmas is coming, and the geese are getting fat..." Ha!  We don't have geese, thank the good Lord, but Christmas is coming anyway!  We decorated right after Thanksgiving and I am hoping to finish up the shopping this week.  I have my cards addressed and signed but I am having a little trouble with the letter this year.  It went so fast and I am trying to remember the good things to report but so far I am only recalling the bad things.  So I will work on that for a few days and, hopefully, get it done by Monday.

Thanksgiving turned out very nice.  I was a little worried about the turkey.  It thawed in plenty of time but it was one that I raised and I was afraid it would be too tough to eat or tainted in some way.  It actually produced quite a tasty bird.  It was leaner than a store bought bird and there was less breast meat because it was a heritage breed and not the big breasted kind that is bred for Thanksgiving and not for breeding.  I was pleased that it was tasty and that we had plenty for the day with some leftover for later.  

On Saturday after Thanksgiving, we had a "Decorating Party."  I invited all the grands over to decorate the Christmas tree and made lots more food for the occasion.  We had chicken wings, blue cheese puffs (my daughter made, very good), cheese and summer sausage, a relish tray, jalapeno poppers, (made by daughter #2's boyfriend), cookies, fudge and fish sticks with cocktail sauce. Yummy!  I was stuffed and off my diet, of course!  Ha!  I am off my diet til next year.  There is no sense in torturing myself.


Our weather has been pretty mellow and nice, sunny, breezy and warm.  That is supposed to change drastically over the next few days.  It is supposed to snow down to 4000 feet, which means we may have snow in our yard as we are at 4800 feet elevation.  My #2 daughter, Sara, and her son Logan are traveling to Missouri today by way of Denver.  They are visiting Logan's other grand parents.  I am worried about them because Denver is supposed to get snow today.  The snow storm looks bad on the weather channel radar.  They will return on Sunday, the good Lord willing.  


I'm posting Thanksgiving pictures today and maybe some Christmas tree and snow pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment