Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wednesday evening we got hit with a major monsoon thunderstorm.  Lightning flashed and thunder crashed for hours.  And the rain!  Oh my!  Some places got 2 inches in a couple of hours.  Every day since then we have had clouds all day and/or a thunderstorm in the evening.  This morning I woke up to booming and crashing and my little red dog trying to hide under my covers.  Everything is soaking wet and the roads and driveways are rutted or covered with sand.  The sun is peaking out now but with Hurricane Dora sitting off the Baja we are expecting more downpouring tonight.

I received some of the alpaca stuff I ordered from Florida.  I am very pleased.  The blankets are 55% alpaca and 45% wool.  The teddy bears are very cute, as are the llama toys.  I hope I can sell them for good prices in September.


We have been having spectacular sunsets with all the storms.


Our roof sprung a leak near one of the skylights due to all the rain. Steve put a temporary fix on it  and it did not leak during yesterday's downpour.  We have had two contractors out to give us estimates on fixing the roof on the house and the garage.  We are still waiting on the second estimate as he was only just out on Friday.  The first guy to come out only does roofs so he would not even consider fixing the patio cover that Steve and Jeff removed last summer.  The second guy is a general contractor though, so he would do that and lots of other improvements I have in mind.  If only I would win the lottery! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment