Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here it is August already!  I don't know where the time goes!  I have been up since 4:45.  Steve and Sara left for work about 5:45 and I am waiting for my grandson to wake up!  Lucky little guy, sleeps as long as he wants!

We had some pretty good rains lately but the weather people are still saying we are behind in our yearly allotment so the drought is not over yet.  This morning it is clear and sunny with a cool breeze blowing out of the southeast.  This is in contrast to yesterday morning when it was 70% humidity and to move was to sweat...profusely!

We sent in a deposit to have the garage roof repaired.  I haven't heard back yet so don't know when that will be fixed.  Then, Steve announced yesterday that the pool pump had seized up.  He is taking part of Friday off so that he can be here when the guy comes out to replace that.  I'm sure another small fortune will pass through our fingers in order to keep the pool operational.  It really is worth it, though, especially when the weather is so hot and humid.  So I am thankful for the luxury of having the pool.  

The alpacas have been getting along very well lately.  The little goats must be getting fed better than at their previous place.  They seem to be getting a little chubby to me.  I did figure out that they are both wethers for sure.  Even though Frankie seems to have his testicles, it is just the sack.  The last time we trimmed their toenails, I copped a feel, and there are no hard little rocks in there, just a soft sack.  The chickens are laying eggs like crazy.  I have a refrigerator full in spite of sending about 4 dozen to work with Steve every week.  Buddy is all fluffy and white from all the rain and brushing out his winter coat.  I still ought to take him to the groomer though. 

The rains have been very good for the plants outside.  Steve spent many hours this weekend cutting down weeds with his trusty weed-whacker. The weeds grow by leaps and bounds every time we get even a drop of rain.  My tomato plants are huge and finally getting little green fruits on them and my flowers are doing great.  My red Texas sage has bloomed several times and is big and gorgeous. (Thanks for that plant Liz!  Bet you thought it would be dead by now! Ha!) We did not get a storm yesterday even though there were several around us, so I will be watering all the plants today.

No comments:

Post a Comment