Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day Y'all! 

We had another gorgeous day in southern Arizona.  It was sunny, breezy and warm, about 70*.  I went to the store and bought balloons and flowers for Valentine's Day which isn't til tomorrow, I know, but we usually have a family dinner on Sundays so I thought we'd have Valentine's Day too.  Turns out my daughter and her son were not feeling well so they did not come.  So, hopefully, they will feel better tomorrow and get their little gifts then.

I did make the appointment with the new alpaca shearer.  He will be coming on April 21 to shear my boys and clip their teeth.  I got a bag of Kardigan's fleece out of the barn today.  I plan on washing it tomorrow and then spinning it into yarn.  A friend has shown some interest in using his fleece.  She knits and crochets but has not worked with alpaca before.  I'm sure she will love it if I can get enough spun for her to make something.  Most skeins you buy in the store are about 250 yards.  It will probably take the whole blanket to make that much yarn.  We shall see.  

I hope the weather is as great tomorrow as it was today as tomorrow is laundry day.  I still hang out clothes outside as often as I can to cut back on the electric bill.  I also have enough eggs again to go get chicken feed at the feed store.  So that is added to my chore list.  Laundry , ironing, feed store, wash fleece, dry fleece and spin.  Sounds like enough to do for one day, don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment