Monday, January 10, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new!  Happy New Year a little late but better than never!  Have you made resolutions?  Have you broken them or not really started them already?  I'm sure you are not alone.  I made the usual resolutions, you know, exercise more, eat less.  So far so good on those.  I walked 2 mornings last week and worked out with my weights twice.  I bought myself a couple of 8 inch places so that I would eat less.  I even lost 2 pounds.  I just hope I can keep it up.  The walking certainly isn't easy anymore.  I have arthritis in my knees and walking is rather painful.  It is probably the best thing to do though, until it warms up enough to swim again anyway.  I love swimming.  It is the only exercise that is pain free.  


I have also started cleaning out closets and getting rid of stuff.  I do this every new year.  Stuff still accumulates though.  Must be those little elves that hide in the cupboards.  They like to hoard things.  Not me though.  I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and rearranged stuff.  Now there is more counter space and less clutter.  I took down the curtains in the kitchen window.  I will wash them today and put part of them away.  The rest will be returned to the window that has also been cleaned.  So much more light comes in now and I can see my alpacas easier.  I still plan on cleaning out the bedroom closet and drawers.  Out with the old clothes, in with the new!


The project I am really dreading and, I guess, working up to, is the Echo Room.  That is what the grandkids named my library/workroom when we first moved in here almost 7 years ago now.  When we first moved in, there were no books or furniture in that room and voices echoed in there.  Not any more.  Those little elves have just filled and filled the space.  Now it has lots of books, furniture, fabric, fiber, boxes and paperwork for our home and business.  I will have to file all the paperwork, sort though all the books and magazines and somehow restore order out of chaos.  I will love it when it is done.  The hurdle is just to get started.


I have been thinking of finding another place, one with flatter land, a site built home and closer to the Fort where Steve works.  Out with the old, in with the new!  The girls and I drove all over yesterday looking at places that we found in the local real estate paper.  We drove to Huachuca City and beyond.  We found about 7 places.  None of them were right.  Funny how an ad can make a place seem so desirable but when you actually get there it just doesn't work.  They all had something wrong.  The neighbors are too close or the place is in need of lots of repair or it's too far away from where you want to be or there are no fences for the alpacas etc., etc.  Oh well, it is fun to look.


Since it is Monday, I will get on the scale and see what damage I did to my weight loss project over the weekend.  Then I will get dressed and feed the animals and go for my walk.  Can't get rid of all the old, I suppose, but it is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment