Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26, 2011

I got busy this morning and made an apron for my sister.  I also took some new pictures of the animals and changed my format on this blog.  It is a new year so seems like a new blog is appropriate.  


I think I am going to make some changes this week end.  I want to put all the alpacas together again.  Maybe I will move the Royal Palm turkeys to the pen in front after I move Prince and Stewie.  I also found someone on Craig's List selling pygmy goats so I am thinking about getting a few of them.  I miss my angora goats.  Pygmy goats would be smaller and easier for me to handle and generally less trouble, as they would not have to be sheared.  I'll have to talk to Steve and see what he says.  I can probably talk him into looking at them this weekend at least. Ha!


I am also planning dates for trips this summer, looking for the best airfares and hotels.  Everything looks more expensive this year compared to last.  


Yesterday I boiled about 8 dozen eggs.  Some of them were too old for us to eat or sell.  They are being smashed up and fed back to the chickens.  This replenishes their calcium needs and gives them back the energy and minerals they need to produce the eggs in the first place.  I know it sounds cannibalistic, but it is good for the hens, and they don't know they are eating their eggs as they are ground up and unrecognizable.  I gave some of the fresh boiled eggs to Steve to take to work and the rest will stay home for the grand kids to eat. I plan to move my for sale sign today.  It is on the ground by the end of the driveway and a little difficult to see.  I will put it up higher, probably on the old newspaper box.  Maybe I'll sell more eggs.


Sewing has been fun.  I have a few more projects I plan to make before the "bug" leaves me.  I should try to do some more spinning too while it is cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment