Monday, January 24, 2011

I was sicker than a dog this weekend.  I'm still not feeling "normal."  My stomach feels better but there are still complications in the intestines.  Oh well!  this too shall pass!

I made my sign for selling the eggs and had one customer the first day.  The eggs are still piling up though.  I will get rid of some old ones, boil some for Steve to take to work and keep trying to sell the rest.  Mr. Washington has gotten pretty aggressive.  We have to watch our backs whenever we collect eggs or feed in his pen.  He likes to act cool and then surprise attack.  One day I got a shock when he came after me so fast and then, whoosh!  He slid on his behind and looked rather startled himself!  What a laugh!  Did you ever see a rooster slide on his butt?  What a crack-up! 

I have started sewing again.  I made two Renaissance vests or bustiers for my daughters.  I made a long skirt for one of them too.  Today I started on a project that I promised my sister way back in October.  I actually forgot all about it until I started cleaning out that room, and there it was!  Oh my gosh!  I should have had it done for my sister's birthday this month.  Her birthday has passed but I still may get the project done for her this month.  She will be surprised when she gets it! Ha!


We continue to enjoy beautiful weather with sunshine and warm temps.  The weatherperson says that should continue until next week.  Then there is a chance of rain.  We could use some rain.


I have compiled all the figures for our taxes.  I hope we will get some money back again this year.  I only put a value of $500 on Tinker because alpacas sales were so down last year.  He will be counted as a loss anyway.  I can also claim the payments I made on the new boys last year.  It is hard to beleive I only purchased Kardigan, Cimarron and Stewie a year ago in October.  I was still making payments on them until July.  This time last year Tinker and Prince had those awful foot injuries from the barbed wire fence after their fighting.  Now Tinker is gone.  


Prince is still a fighter though.  He got into it this morning with Stewie.  I threw a nerf football at them in the morning darkness.  Waste of a good throw!  They didn't even flinch.  So I let Buddy in the paddock to see if he could make them stop.  He didn't even go near them, just walked around the pen looking for tasty crap to eat.  But his presence did make them stop fighting.  They were worried about that big white predator in their space more than they wanted to fight each other.  There is always more than one way to skin a cat or in this case, stop an alpaca fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment