Monday, March 22, 2010

On Friday I spent most of the morning waiting for an appraiser to show up.  He said he'd be here between 8 am and 11am, but actually showed his face at 11:30.  I spent the next hour walking around with him.  He took measurements of our 2 houses and our outbuildings.  He took pictures of everything too, including all the things that need repairs.  It made me pretty nervous but only because I'm hoping for a good appraisal so that we can get the money we need to fix everything.  He was a very nice man.  He must've thought I was younger than he was.  He asked me to read the numbers on some of the tags on the house for him.  He said now that he is 47 his eyes don't work so well.  Probably if he had known I was a decade older than that he wouldn't have asked me. I was glad I had colored my hair this week! Ha!

It was a busy weekend.  We watched the grandkids all day Saturday while their moms went to the Renaissance Fair.  Then Steve and Jeff tore down the old rotting roof over our garage patio. It looks much better now.  We still have to buy wood and stuff to put up a new roof for the summer.  Wish they could've gotten it done before the appraisal.  Now the old roof is stacked in the driveway and will require a trip to the dump.

By the time Sunday rolled around I was ready for a little time away.  I managed to persuade my husband to take me out to lunch in town.  We went to a place called the Longhorn Burger.  Steve got the biggest burger I have seen in a long time.  I don't know how he managed to eat it all.  I got a salmon sandwich with pesto and pineapple coleslaw.  It was very good.  I did not cook dinner for anyone last night.  A nice break.  We also discovered some new stores on Old Spanish Trail in Tucson that we had not visited before.  I plan on going back to "The Dress Barn"  to get a dress for my niece's wedding in July.  It would be nice to lose 10 or 12 pounds by then but if I don't I will just get a bigger dress.  As Steve says, "You're not fat, the dress is the wrong size."  Gotta love a man like that! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment