Monday, March 8, 2010

After a beautiful spring-like week, our weather turned ugly again yesterday afternoon. The wind hit 50 mph and the rain came down in sheets. It isn't much better this morning.

I went out to feed the animals this morning. Surprise, surprise! Little Bones, Mouth and Caramel were all loose in the barn. It looked like they had been at the hay but nothing else was much disturbed. I figure Mouth and Little Bones butted their way out first. One of the doors on their pen does not have a hook so I keep the heavy feed cans pushed against that door. When it gets a little low, it is easy for them to push it away and escape. Then they were probably butting heads with Caramel and her door gave way. The loop for the hook on her door was missing. They might have chewed it and it fell off, but most likely they were butting heads and it popped off. I will have to check on them again when the baby takes his nap. Once goats escape, they like to do it over and over.

We had some bad news on Sunday. Steve's mom is in the hospital. They think she has a tumor on her intestine. Steve is waiting to hear when surgery will be scheduled. He will probably fly to Oregon to help his Mom. Please remember Steve and his mom, Betty, in your prayers.

The shearer called me on Friday. He will be here before or after March 27 to shear my goats and alpacas. I will take lots of pictures then. I may also go to Kathy Wither's Spring Fiber Festival which is on the 27th. The shearer will be doing all 300+ animals of Kathy's that day. If I go I will take pictures there too.

March 13th and 14th is the Southwest Regional Alpaca Show in Phoenix. I am thinking of going to that. It will depend on if I can talk my husband into going I guess. He may not want to or he may be in Oregon so we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment