Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I need to put a beeper on my glasses!  I carry them around with me then leave them when I have to pick something up, go away and WAAAA!!!  I can't find them again til I back track everywhere I went in the last half hour, which could be a lot of places!  Anyway, I found them now.

Some of the seeds I planted last week are coming up already.  I am watering the raised bed outside so it will be ready to plant soon.  Our humidity has raised to a whole 4% and there is no rain in sight, at least not this week.  We are supposed to have sunny, blue skies and temperatures in the 80s.  Wonderful! 

The vet was supposed to come out yesterday morning to draw blood from the alpacas for the valley fever test.  She never showed up.  It turned out that she had an emergency surgery that took an hour and a half and then she had to perform an autopsy on a 3 year old male alpaca that had died suddenly.  Turns out the alpaca belonged to the lady who might take my boys.  She was devastated.  She did not tell me why the alpaca died.  She may not know yet.  She did say it was her favorite male.  I felt really bad for her.


Saturday we celebrated the birth of our first grandson.  He turned 10 years old!  Unbelievable!  That means we have lived on this windy desert hill for 8 years now.  One of my alpacas, Prince (Shoot to you, Liz) is now also 8 years old.  Cimarron, gray with a white face, is 6 and Stewie, beige, is 5.  My little red dog, Penny, a Tibetan Spaniel, is 14 or 15 years old.  I think she tried to kill herself this past week.  She started spewing really dark diarrhea about every hour or so.  She got me up every hour one night, scratching on the door to go outside.  I gave her a single pepto bismal tablet which seemed to slow things down a bit.  She was still eating.  She acted a little sheepish because she didn't get out in time a couple of times.  My bedroom stunk to high heaven!  Ugh!  Anyway, I think I might have figured out what she ate, CHOCOLATE!  The poo was the same color as dark chocolate and I saw her snatch a little piece of chocolate pop tart off the couch this morning before I could grab it.  I hope she doesn't get sick again.  She literally poisoned herself.  Poor baby!  I'll have to be more diligent in picking up after the grandkids or anyone else who happens to leave chocolate around or dropped on the floor.  With Easter coming, it may be a chore.


Back to the grandson's birthday, we went to "Funtastics" which is a fun park in Tucson.  You pay one price for a certain amount of time and get unlimited access to all the rides and miniature golf.  The little kids liked the flying dragons the best.  The big boys and the men liked the go-carts.  It was the perfect day for the outing.  The sun was out, no wind and it was about 70 degrees.  Fabulous!


The vet is supposed to stop by today on her way to Tucson.  I hope she does.  I really want to get this test out of the way and find a new home for the alpacas.

No comments:

Post a Comment