Friday, September 30, 2011

Thanks to everyone who sent me cards and well wishes for my birthday!  I am 58 years old today.  Seems like a long time but I don't feel like I have lived over half a century.  Been too busy I guess! Ha! 


Last weekend my girls took me out for an old fashioned English Tea.  We went to a tea house in Tucson called "Chantilly Tea."  The place was very frilly and feminine with pink walls and table cloths, lots of little tables and lacy curtains.  They had all kinds of vintage tea cups and pots.  We were invited to pick a cup to have our tea in.  We each chose according to our own taste.  I chose a cup with a gold rim and pretty purple violets all around.  Then we got to choose our tea, two different kinds from a menu of about 100!  We chose a chocolate mint and a white ambrosia.  They were both fabulous.  Along with the 2 pots of tea came a plate for each of us filled with all kinds of petite little sandwiches made of different breads and filled with mouthwatering fillings.  Oh My! They also provided scones with clotted cream, lemon curd and raspberry jam.  Needless to say we were all quite stuffed by the time we left.  It was a cool and different gift.  We really enjoyed ourselves and agreed to do it again sometime soon.

At the Farmers' Market last weekend I sold one of my llama dolls and someone asked me to make them another special order apron.  This time it is for an artist.  She wanted me to make one in blue and green,"artsy" fabric.  I finished it yesterday.  I could not find fabric that I envisioned but I think she will like it anyway.  Can't believe another week has gone by and it is time to load up the car again for the market tomorrow.

This weekend, starting today, there is a Quilt Festival in Tucson.  I decided, since it is my birthday, to take the time and go.  I spent the first 30 minutes in Tucson trying to locate the place.  Silly me, I went west when I should've gone east but I did find it.  There were lots of gray-hairs there, of course, but what was surprising to me were the number of men.  Some of them were vendors but some were not.  There were some surprising things, like the new sewing machines and iron-on beads.  The lady I bought my angora goats from was there with her fabulous yarns and scarves.  She was spinning as usual and we talked for awhile.  Seems she is planning on moving out of the Tucson area soon.  She said Tucsonians do not appreciate her artistic fiber creations and only like traditional, "in the box" stuff.  I can certainly understand that after the 25 cent lady at my table. Ha!  The Tucson Wool Festival is on Oct. 22.  She said it may be the last one she puts on.  That is too bad for all of us fiber lovers in Tucson.

Our weather is changing once again.  The wind is picking up big time and the humidity is blowing away.  Dust storms are everywhere and the temperatures are dropping into the 50s at night.  Soon the mosquitoes will dry up too and it will be pleasant to spend the evenings outside gazing at the stars.  The swallows have already left but I still see bats at night.  They will leave soon too.  October should be heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment