Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  I decided to wish you the best before this year instead of telling you what a great time we had after.  The picture is last year's table setting.  I'm sure this year's will be about the same.

We had our first real winter storm over the weekend.  It rained and rained.  It got cold but the frost did not come until this morning.  There is a sprinkling of snow on the very tip top of the mountains behind us.  The Whetstones seem to have missed out as they are not so tall.  The weatherperson said snow would only get down to about 7,000 ft.  

Willy completed his puppy class at Petsmart and got his graduation certificate.  He did ok but the dog is still a pup, just 6 months old, so he still needs lots of training and discipline.  He is scheduled to be relieved of his cajones on Dec. 4th.  I expect he will be a little easier to handle after that.

Buddy did a brave but very dangerous thing.  One morning about 2 Sundays ago, Buddy was going crazy barking and trying to get out of the yard, so I let him out.  He tore down to the bottom of our hill where there is a wash.  I could hear a horrible screaming, squealing noise.  It was truly horrible but I could not quite figure out what it was.  I saw Buddy's white shape down among the trees  and I could see that he was shaking something violently, a gray shape.  That was the source of the noise.  I figured Buddy finally caught one of the coyotes I often see and he was killing it.  Buddy returned to the yard after a time.  He seemed to be unscathed but had a smear of blood on his face.  Later that day, the men and grands took a walk down to the wash.  They found a dead javelina!  I was surprised as we have not seen javelina in the area until recently.  The one Buddy killed was only about half grown, not a full sized pig.  I am thankful for that because Buddy could have been seriously injured by a full sized pig or if a herd had ganged up on him.  I hope if there are more they will move on so that my big brave guardian dog will not feel that he has to kill another one.

I have been getting ready for Thanksgiving and finally gathered all the goodies for that.  I found sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls at Safeway this morning which completes the menu.  All the other goodies, the turkey, pies, veggies, etc. are either in the frig or being prepared by someone else.

I have also managed to complete my Christmas shopping before "Black Friday"!  Woohoo!  I hate going shopping after Thanksgiving!  So, all I have to do is wrap gifts and decorate the house.  I haven't decided if I will go green and gold this year, or silver and blue, or traditional red and green. I guess I will decide after I drag all the trinkets out.  I completed a dress for my one and only granddaughter to wear to her Christmas program at school this year.  I was very pleased with the result.  Now that I know the pattern, I plan on using it for her flower girl dress for our #2 daughter's wedding in April.

We have been having some fabulous Arizona sunsets lately too.  Enjoy, and may you have a filling and happy Turkey Day!  Don't forget it is THANKSGIVING DAY too!

No comments:

Post a Comment