Thursday, November 15, 2012

Buddy had his surgery 8 days ago.  He is recovering nicely.  With his big long surgical stitches and his big cone around his head, he became known as "Frankendog" by the grands!  Poor Buddy!  He still has all that to deal with but I know that he is doing better because he has refused to stay indoors since Monday.  The sock the vet put on his foot is not covering his pad any longer but has become a leg warmer instead.  I need to replace that sock.  I am also still giving him anti-biotics 3 times a days for 10 days.  He has finished with his pain meds.  On Monday the 19th, we will return to the vet to have the stitches removed and find out what to do next.

The vet called yesterday to say that she had the results of the tests on the tumor that was removed from Buddy's belly.  It is not good.  She said it is malignant and she was not able to remove all of it.  The other tumors that were on his hip and leg are under the skin.  The vet said they will continue to multiply,on top of his skin and just under the skin.  She said there are several options that we will discuss on Monday.  She said she does not know and cannot imagine how much it will cost to give Buddy oncology treatments because he is such a big dog.  Also, Buddy will be 9 years old in May.  He is old by Great Pyrenees standards.  The vet said they usually only live for 8 to 10 years, although I read that it was 10 to 12 years.  I have been blessed to have enjoyed this monster dog as long as we have been together.  I certainly will not make him suffer in his old age, I love him too much.

Our weather has gone from summer to winter without benefit of fall.  We plunged down to freezing this week.  I moved plants indoors and covered others.  We have switched from AC to Heat.  There is almost no humidity again and the wind is freezing.  By noon it is almost up to 70 degrees again so wardrobes consist of layers, undershirt, long-sleeved overshirt, sweater, and then a jacket.  They get peeled off one by one as the day goes on.  Steve about fell out of his seat the other day when I removed my long-sleeved shirt.  I guess he didn't realize that I had a tank top underneath.  LOL!

I finished my muu-muu for Thanksgiving.  It is brown with autumn accents.  I am working on one for Christmas now.  I will post pictures when I finish it too.  I have also been taking notes from historical books for my historical novel.  Tons of books!  I don't know how I will get through them all but I will try to get the good parts and get the history straight in my mind.  If the facts are accurate, it makes the fiction more believable. 

Only 6 days til Turkey Day!  Are you ready?  Got pies made and cranberries smashed?  Got the napkins ready and the good china out?  Me neither but we'll get there!  I wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving with your families and friends!  Laugh and love and count your blessings!  Even that overstuffed, bloated feeling you have after the big dinner is a blessing because it means you have plenty to eat!  LOL!  Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment