Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I have been working for several weeks on a quilt for my grand-daughter's 5th birthday, which is coming up this weekend.  I finally completed it this morning!  It is so satisfying to complete an artistic project.  I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!

My cat, Loki, seems to like it too.  He planted himself right in the middle as I was trying to take pictures.  Silly cat!

We will hit 102 degrees this afternoon.  I got the ironing done this morning too right after the quilt.  It is just too too hot here to do anything that takes any effort in the afternoons.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be even hotter, 105*!  Yikes!  I really don't mind so much.  I am thankful that we have air conditioning in the house, but I also know that we can survive without it as we did a couple of years ago.  And we have the pool.  I plan to use that this afternoon for awhile.  Gotta get my exercise in you know!

Due to several fires in our area, we have been having some spectacular sunrises and sunsets lately.  I tried to capture the sunrise the other day with the alpacas relaxing in the foreground.  It came out too dark to see the alpacas.  In the one that I posted you can see the dove sitting on the wire though.  Mornings are my favorite time of day.  It is nice and cool and quiet.  The birds are just coming alive and their songs and chirps are about the only sounds.  No new problems or news has yet to invade my consciousness.  Nothing to disrupt the feeling of peace and thankfulness.  And I can just thank the good Lord for small miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment