Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day! 

On May 9th, we had our first big thunderstorm of the season with rain and hail.  Now all the cactus are blooming madly and are quite beautiful.  It is getting hot too.  We hit 100 degrees today.  Of course that temperature is the signal to start swimming again which we did today.  The water is still quite invigorating to say the least

On May 10th, we had the alpacas sheared for the year.  We had a new shearer this year, a young lady named Lacey and her helper from a neighboring farm, Melissa.  The ladies were fast and efficient, completing the 3 boys in just about one hour.  All the boys had fighting teeth removed again and Prince finally had his huge front teeth cut down to size.  He seems much more comfortable now.  

After the shearing all the alpacas seemed rather dazed.  They would not even come near me when I fed them the next morning! Ha!  Didn't trust me after that is my thought.  They are slowly coming around again.  Now that it is hot again they cannot stay away when they see me drag the hose over.  They love to get sprayed with a nice cool shower of cold water.

The girls, my daughters that is, a friend and I took a "girl's day out" and went to La Encantada Mall in northwest Tucson.  We ate lunch at an upscale restaurant.  Some of us had mahi mahi tacos and some of us ate salmon and fried spinach.  It was quite a treat.  After lunch we walked around the mall and checked out all the interesting shops and stores that we don't usually get to visit in our neighborhood shopping centers or Walmart. We visited Victoria's Secret, Cold Water Creek, Anthropology, Crate and Barrel and Williams-Sonoma to name a few.  The mall itself is different in that it is 2 stories and has a big outdoor courtyard with fountains and huge trees.  It is also high above Tucson and the views of the city from there are spectacular.  What a great Mother's Day treat for all of us!

Also this week I got through my yearly check up with flying colors.  I have to continue on a couple of medications but do not have to add any.  I hope to get a call from a dietician sometime in the coming week.  In spite of using my treadclimber faithfully, I am not losing weight so the doctor recommended the dietician.  He or she will probably tell me I am eating too much, but we shall see.  Sometimes getting older really sucks!

I got my workroom cleaned up and reorganized after purging stuff for the yard sale.  I have plenty of room now to get some sewing and writing done.  Hopefully this week I will feel motivated and get myself in gear.  Then again, the pool whispers to me...



No comments:

Post a Comment