Monday, April 2, 2012

Last week it seemed that Spring had really sprung, but today we are getting blasted with 30-50 mph winds and only about 60 degrees!  Yikes!  Oh well!  I suppose I should be grateful that it is not blowing snow and hail stones again!

I have been giving Prince his valley fever medication for about 3 weeks now.  He has been very good about taking it.  I put the two good sized pills in a handful of grain and he runs to the fence to get it.  Sometimes I have to push the other two away but I do give them a little grain too after I make sure that Prince has gotten both pills.  This takes place at the morning and evening feedings.  I am about out of feed again.  I'll have to send Steve to get more tomorrow.

This weekend we spent getting our #3 daughter relocated to an apartment closer to her work.  It is a one bedroom but plenty big enough for her and her little dog.  Poor dog!  He is just a little miniature dachshund and he was attacked by a much bigger dog about 2 weeks ago.  It turned out he had several puncture wounds and a broken rib.  The vet put him on antibiotics and pain pills for about a week.  He seems to be doing fine even though the vet said it will take about 2 months for the rib to heal.  The dogs in the new apartment complex all seem about the same size as Chewy.  So maybe he'll be better off there.  Also, our daughter can now walk to her work.  That is a big help to me.


I moved most of my plants back outside last week when the weather was so nice.  Now they are getting blasted by the wind.  The wind was so bad and so cold this morning that I decided to wait til this afternoon to water.  I hope all the plants aren't dead from the drying blasting wind and no water.  In this hostile desert, watering plants becomes a ritual every day just behind feeding the livestock.


The little tomato plants that I put outside will have to be replaced.  I planted about 20 .  Each day I have fewer and fewer.  I think I am down to about five now.  No, it's not the wind or water.  It is the birds!  They are eating up the little leaves as soon as they appear!  So frustrating. Sometimes I have to remind myself why I moved here.  It was for the warm weather and our grandkids.  I guess if I ever want a really great garden, I'll have to stick to cactus and mesquite trees or move back east! Ha!


I took some pictures of the weather front that moved in about the 19th of last month.  It brought lots of wind then and snow and hail.  Now the weather people are warning us of fire danger again.  Why didn't I move to Hawaii???  Oh yeah!  It cost too much, it's surrounded by ocean and none of my grandkids live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment