Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I returned from Delaware after a grueling day of planes and airports.  I am still adjusting to my old routine and schedule at home.  On Friday I hit the ground running with a trip to my chiropractor and several errands.  Then yesterday the city of Benson decided to have their trick or treat day on Saturday instead of the real date today.  So that caused some hurried activity around here to get all the grands ready.  They all looked great and got tons of candy.  Today, our sewer backed up and we are still waiting for the plumber to show up.  It never breaks at a convenient time, always on a weekend or holiday.  I figure it happens because the system has been overused when we have had company or whatever.  So now the plumber just called and says we will have to wait til tomorrow.  Go figure!

My mom did recognize me and we had a nice visit while I was in Delaware.  It is obvious that the disease is taking it's tole.  She cannot remember to take her medications and often forgets where she is.  She has almost no short-term memory.  Our family is trying to figure out what is best for her.  

The vet said that Tinker probably has cancer and that eventually his jaw will probably break.  If that happens he will not be able to eat and then the merciful thing will be to put him down.  For now, she wants to keep him on the medication and see how he does.  His jaw is still swollen but not as badly.  He is still eating and has resumed his "humming" sound that alpacas do.  He had stopped doing that for awhile.  I have determined that I will not take any extraordinary medical steps to fix Tinker or prolong his life.  I do not think that will be good for him or for us.  So I pray that he will get better but I am not very hopeful at this point.

I got a check for the goats and it was better than I had hoped.  I am still working on my goals and expectations for our little farm.  

The leaves were changing in Delaware and Pennsylvania.  It was really gorgeous in the Amish country and I really enjoyed seeing the horses that my sister rides everyday.  Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment