Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here we are remembering 9/11.  I pray for the people who lost loved ones and for our nation.  I hope that sanity will prevail and that no mosque will be built near Ground Zero.  

Our weather has improved dramatically.  It was only 52* when I got up this morning.  It will only be in the 80's today.  It feels so good.  I wasn't feeling too well all week.  I was chalking it up top old age but I think now that I must've had a touch of the flu or something.  Today I feel really fine and normal again.  I slept well most of the night, only getting up once.  I went for a walk this morning and it felt good.  I felt so bad all week that I was motivated to start walking again and taking my vitamins.  I really don't think one day of walking and vitamins can make this dramatic a difference, though, so I must've had a bug or something.  Thank Goodness for good health!

Last night Buddy started barking a little wildly.  Not REAL wildly but a little.  So I went out in the dark, (it's getting dark earlier now) with my little flashlight.  Buddy was sort of looking at the ground and searching around his water bucket.  Well, whatever it is can't be too big, I thought.  So I searched carefully!  Ha!  It was a big desert frog!  A BIG Whopper of a frog!  He eluded Buddy by jumping into his water bucket! Ha!  Cracked me up!  Of course, I then had to remove the bucket from the yard, dump the water and the frog away from the house and refill Buddy's bucket with clean water.  

We also had an interesting visitor to our pool.  I'm glad it was already drowned when we removed it.  They are the most hideous things.  This one was about a foot long but I have seen them much bigger.  It was a huge centipede.  Our second grandson, Daniel, wanted it for show and tell at school so I put it in a jar for him to take.  I know Dan wanted to touch the thing.  It was all we could do to keep him from doing so.  He was finally content to carry the jar holding the monster around with him until he went home with his family.  Creeped me out.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment